Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dream a little dream of me

I'm having the weirdest dreams these days.

It started out a few weeks ago when I dreamt that I was passing by my boss's house and he invited me in. It turned out he lived there with all his family (parents, siblings, nieces and nephews) and he was very enthusiastic about showing me around. I had a friend with me and we were on our way somewhere when mr Boss interfered. We were invited to christmas dinner and pumpkin soup which my friend liked very much. I wanted us to leave, not because it was an uncomfortable situtation as much as I felt that we were being delayed.

Last week I dreamt that I was at a family reunion. My family that is. It was att my (maternal) grandmothers place and I was so happy to see that she'd been renovating. She had converted her two floor house into a one floor house and I thought it was a great idea since she had trouble walking up and down the stairs (which she had in real life as well due to cardiac problems). My sister, who expressed my happiness to, was very indifferent to this. Then I realise that I left my friend (same friend as above, I wonder what it is with him and food?) at the dinner table in the midst of all my relatives and seeing this I leave the house to go outside and there is E sitting at the garage and she is very sleepy so I try to wake her up but she rather go on sleeping. At this point I realise that one of my mother's cousins was inside granny's house with his new family (of which I don't think he has any IRL) and that I haven't talked to them for a long time and not at all during this dinner. I go inside and see that he is feeding a blond baby sitting in a high chair.

Last night I dreamt of a weird date. I think it started out with a midsummer eve's party. It was raining. JK (a former colleague who I lost contact withvbut wouldn't mind meeting again) wispered as he left that he was going to call me. Next scene is the date. It's not with JK but it still is the attended person, in the way it is in dreams were people change appearence for a reason I don't get. We're in this really fancy place and M is dressed in tails (like you are on a regular date) and we're drinking a cup of hot chocolate which turns out to be ridiculously expensive. (I mean, who would pay 20 euros for a cup of hot chocolate no matter how tasty it is?). We pay and leave to go to my place. I realise then that I haven't tidied the place up since I moved there, which I supposedly just did. I explain to M that my parents just moved from their flat to this house and that we haven't got the place in order yet. It turns out that I live in a wooden yellow house on my parents lot. We enter my house and I start to show M around. We then see a large grey hen in one of the rooms and we have to get her out. We succeed in this (Yay!) and the last thing I see before waking up is M standing in his dress suit in the doorway looking out at the large grey hen.

Alright then. I won't go all freudian here, simply because I'm not into freudian interpretations of dreams. But a few reflections I've made. There is an obvious family theme here which I don't really get. Is it about wanting to be part of a family? Or maybe a wish to not be part of a family? The feeling in both dreams was rather about wanting to leave that patricular family situation than to be included and a part of it.

The first one is quite simple. Being interrupted on the way somewhere I rather be, that is rather wanting to hang out alone with my friend than with my boss. Also the feeling of my boss wanting to delay me in this other relationship.

The next one reminds me of a dream I had last summer. It was about my wedding, which apparantly was set in a beatiful place in Italy in the autumn. I really wanted my granny to be there and wanted her to be comfortable, but my mom kept saying that granny should stay outside the place, she couldn't come in. My grandmothers is dead since 10 years back, so of course she can't attend my wedding. I guess I miss her a lot, her house and our family dinners and hope that she is more comfortable wherever she is now than she was in the last years of her life.

The last dream is just plain weird. I wouldn't date M ever because he's 1) married and 2) just a friend. I would say that the dream is just a mix of memories and feelings and hopes and this is not the place for them to be exposed.

Ah, the catharsis of blurring personal stuff out on the net!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home